Tucker named chief nurse
Laura Tucker, MSN, of Montgomery County, was recently appointed chief nurse for the Delta/Hills Public Health District III. The nine-county Delta/Hills Public Health District includes Attala, Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower and Washington counties.
Tucker received an associate’s degree from Holmes Community College in 1988, a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2005 and a master’s degree from UMMC in 2007.
Tucker has 21 years’ experience at MSDH, including work as a clinical nurse, county coordinating nurse and maternal/child health family planning coordinator.
Tucker also volunteers with the Montgomery County Diabetes Coalition, Place Matters and the Mississippi Nurses Association, District 32.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90