Tucker named chief nurse
Laura Tucker, MSN, of Montgomery County, was recently appointed chief nurse for the Delta/Hills Public Health District III. The nine-county Delta/Hills Public Health District includes Attala, Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower and Washington counties.
Tucker received an associate’s degree from Holmes Community College in 1988, a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2005 and a master’s degree from UMMC in 2007.
Tucker has 21 years’ experience at MSDH, including work as a clinical nurse, county coordinating nurse and maternal/child health family planning coordinator.
Tucker also volunteers with the Montgomery County Diabetes Coalition, Place Matters and the Mississippi Nurses Association, District 32.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)