Tucker named chief nurse
Laura Tucker, MSN, of Montgomery County, was recently appointed chief nurse for the Delta/Hills Public Health District III. The nine-county Delta/Hills Public Health District includes Attala, Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower and Washington counties.
Tucker received an associate’s degree from Holmes Community College in 1988, a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2005 and a master’s degree from UMMC in 2007.
Tucker has 21 years’ experience at MSDH, including work as a clinical nurse, county coordinating nurse and maternal/child health family planning coordinator.
Tucker also volunteers with the Montgomery County Diabetes Coalition, Place Matters and the Mississippi Nurses Association, District 32.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator