Tucker named chief nurse
Laura Tucker, MSN, of Montgomery County, was recently appointed chief nurse for the Delta/Hills Public Health District III. The nine-county Delta/Hills Public Health District includes Attala, Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower and Washington counties.
Tucker received an associate’s degree from Holmes Community College in 1988, a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2005 and a master’s degree from UMMC in 2007.
Tucker has 21 years’ experience at MSDH, including work as a clinical nurse, county coordinating nurse and maternal/child health family planning coordinator.
Tucker also volunteers with the Montgomery County Diabetes Coalition, Place Matters and the Mississippi Nurses Association, District 32.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation