Another Coast wildfire burns 80 acres
SAUCIER — Mississippi Forestry Commission firefighters spent part of Sunday extinguishing a woods fire that first started Saturday but reignited, burning an estimated 80 acres near Saucier.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the southeast district, tells The Sun Herald a dry lightning strike from a brief thunderstorm Sunday likely reignited the fire, though the cause remained under investigation.
He said the fire started in secluded area that was hard to gain access to.
No injuries were reported.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility