Another Coast wildfire burns 80 acres
SAUCIER — Mississippi Forestry Commission firefighters spent part of Sunday extinguishing a woods fire that first started Saturday but reignited, burning an estimated 80 acres near Saucier.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the southeast district, tells The Sun Herald a dry lightning strike from a brief thunderstorm Sunday likely reignited the fire, though the cause remained under investigation.
He said the fire started in secluded area that was hard to gain access to.
No injuries were reported.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi