Another Coast wildfire burns 80 acres
SAUCIER — Mississippi Forestry Commission firefighters spent part of Sunday extinguishing a woods fire that first started Saturday but reignited, burning an estimated 80 acres near Saucier.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the southeast district, tells The Sun Herald a dry lightning strike from a brief thunderstorm Sunday likely reignited the fire, though the cause remained under investigation.
He said the fire started in secluded area that was hard to gain access to.
No injuries were reported.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center