Another Coast wildfire burns 80 acres
SAUCIER — Mississippi Forestry Commission firefighters spent part of Sunday extinguishing a woods fire that first started Saturday but reignited, burning an estimated 80 acres near Saucier.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the southeast district, tells The Sun Herald a dry lightning strike from a brief thunderstorm Sunday likely reignited the fire, though the cause remained under investigation.
He said the fire started in secluded area that was hard to gain access to.
No injuries were reported.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast