Another Coast wildfire burns 80 acres
SAUCIER — Mississippi Forestry Commission firefighters spent part of Sunday extinguishing a woods fire that first started Saturday but reignited, burning an estimated 80 acres near Saucier.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the southeast district, tells The Sun Herald a dry lightning strike from a brief thunderstorm Sunday likely reignited the fire, though the cause remained under investigation.
He said the fire started in secluded area that was hard to gain access to.
No injuries were reported.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'