Canton is Open for Movie Business
by Stephen McDill
Published: July 11,2011
CANTON- The film industry is no stranger to Mississippi with its list of popular movies from “A Time to Kill” and “My Dog Skip” to “Oh, Brother Where Art Thou” and “The Help.” Hollywood is looking forward to Mississippi’s new tax incentives and studio facility. Mississippians in turn are hoping the Magnolia State will follow Louisiana and Georgia in becoming Tinseltown’s prime location for lights, cameras, and bottom lines.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn