Canton is Open for Movie Business
Published: July 11,2011
CANTON- The film industry is no stranger to Mississippi with its list of popular movies from “A Time to Kill” and “My Dog Skip” to “Oh, Brother Where Art Thou” and “The Help.” Hollywood is looking forward to Mississippi’s new tax incentives and studio facility. Mississippians in turn are hoping the Magnolia State will follow Louisiana and Georgia in becoming Tinseltown’s prime location for lights, cameras, and bottom lines.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities