Canton is Open for Movie Business
Published: July 11,2011
CANTON- The film industry is no stranger to Mississippi with its list of popular movies from “A Time to Kill” and “My Dog Skip” to “Oh, Brother Where Art Thou” and “The Help.” Hollywood is looking forward to Mississippi’s new tax incentives and studio facility. Mississippians in turn are hoping the Magnolia State will follow Louisiana and Georgia in becoming Tinseltown’s prime location for lights, cameras, and bottom lines.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino