Private money, new stadium for Jackson State football loom as roadblocks for UMMC mega facility
There are two major hurdles to clear if the area around University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson is to become a medical research and treatment “city.”
Jackson State University has to relinquish control and management of Veterans Memorial Stadium, and hundreds of millions of dollars in private investment from new and existing medical facilities has to be gathered. One will be easier than the other.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company