Private money, new stadium for Jackson State football loom as roadblocks for UMMC mega facility
There are two major hurdles to clear if the area around University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson is to become a medical research and treatment “city.”
Jackson State University has to relinquish control and management of Veterans Memorial Stadium, and hundreds of millions of dollars in private investment from new and existing medical facilities has to be gathered. One will be easier than the other.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force