Steel Service shuttering Batesville plant
BATESVILLE — Steel Service Corporation is closing its Batesville facility.
Company officials say the Batesville operations will be consolidated at its Jackson plant, where the company is headquartered. No date has been announced for the closing.
Officials tell The Panolian that the closing will result in layoffs for “six or seven” employees. They say three or four Batesville employees will be “staying on” while the plant shuts down.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval