Steel Service shuttering Batesville plant
BATESVILLE — Steel Service Corporation is closing its Batesville facility.
Company officials say the Batesville operations will be consolidated at its Jackson plant, where the company is headquartered. No date has been announced for the closing.
Officials tell The Panolian that the closing will result in layoffs for “six or seven” employees. They say three or four Batesville employees will be “staying on” while the plant shuts down.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project