Steel Service shuttering Batesville plant
BATESVILLE — Steel Service Corporation is closing its Batesville facility.
Company officials say the Batesville operations will be consolidated at its Jackson plant, where the company is headquartered. No date has been announced for the closing.
Officials tell The Panolian that the closing will result in layoffs for “six or seven” employees. They say three or four Batesville employees will be “staying on” while the plant shuts down.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow