Steel Service shuttering Batesville plant
BATESVILLE — Steel Service Corporation is closing its Batesville facility.
Company officials say the Batesville operations will be consolidated at its Jackson plant, where the company is headquartered. No date has been announced for the closing.
Officials tell The Panolian that the closing will result in layoffs for “six or seven” employees. They say three or four Batesville employees will be “staying on” while the plant shuts down.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program