Steel Service shuttering Batesville plant
BATESVILLE — Steel Service Corporation is closing its Batesville facility.
Company officials say the Batesville operations will be consolidated at its Jackson plant, where the company is headquartered. No date has been announced for the closing.
Officials tell The Panolian that the closing will result in layoffs for “six or seven” employees. They say three or four Batesville employees will be “staying on” while the plant shuts down.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey