Workers dies following explosion at oil mill
Published: July 11,2011
GREENWDOOD — The Leflore County coroner says a Delta Oil Mill worker severely burned in a grain explosion June 27 has died.
County Coroner Debra Sanders tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that Kendall Jasper died early July 8 while being treated at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Ga.
The burn center’s spokesman says Jasper’s co-worker, Terry Bates, who also was burned in the explosion, was listed in critical condition July 8.
Delta Oil Mill has been the site of two more grain fires since Jasper and Bates were injured. No one was injured in the blazes on June 29 and July 4.
The plant processes distiller’s grain, a byproduct of ethanol production.
Source: Greenwood Commonwealth
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life