Workers dies following explosion at oil mill
Published: July 11,2011
GREENWDOOD — The Leflore County coroner says a Delta Oil Mill worker severely burned in a grain explosion June 27 has died.
County Coroner Debra Sanders tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that Kendall Jasper died early July 8 while being treated at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Ga.
The burn center’s spokesman says Jasper’s co-worker, Terry Bates, who also was burned in the explosion, was listed in critical condition July 8.
Delta Oil Mill has been the site of two more grain fires since Jasper and Bates were injured. No one was injured in the blazes on June 29 and July 4.
The plant processes distiller’s grain, a byproduct of ethanol production.
Source: Greenwood Commonwealth
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi