Workers dies following explosion at oil mill
Published: July 11,2011
GREENWDOOD — The Leflore County coroner says a Delta Oil Mill worker severely burned in a grain explosion June 27 has died.
County Coroner Debra Sanders tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that Kendall Jasper died early July 8 while being treated at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Ga.
The burn center’s spokesman says Jasper’s co-worker, Terry Bates, who also was burned in the explosion, was listed in critical condition July 8.
Delta Oil Mill has been the site of two more grain fires since Jasper and Bates were injured. No one was injured in the blazes on June 29 and July 4.
The plant processes distiller’s grain, a byproduct of ethanol production.
Source: Greenwood Commonwealth
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete