Workers dies following explosion at oil mill
Published: July 11,2011
GREENWDOOD — The Leflore County coroner says a Delta Oil Mill worker severely burned in a grain explosion June 27 has died.
County Coroner Debra Sanders tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that Kendall Jasper died early July 8 while being treated at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Ga.
The burn center’s spokesman says Jasper’s co-worker, Terry Bates, who also was burned in the explosion, was listed in critical condition July 8.
Delta Oil Mill has been the site of two more grain fires since Jasper and Bates were injured. No one was injured in the blazes on June 29 and July 4.
The plant processes distiller’s grain, a byproduct of ethanol production.
Source: Greenwood Commonwealth
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years