Workers dies following explosion at oil mill
Published: July 11,2011
GREENWDOOD — The Leflore County coroner says a Delta Oil Mill worker severely burned in a grain explosion June 27 has died.
County Coroner Debra Sanders tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that Kendall Jasper died early July 8 while being treated at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Ga.
The burn center’s spokesman says Jasper’s co-worker, Terry Bates, who also was burned in the explosion, was listed in critical condition July 8.
Delta Oil Mill has been the site of two more grain fires since Jasper and Bates were injured. No one was injured in the blazes on June 29 and July 4.
The plant processes distiller’s grain, a byproduct of ethanol production.
Source: Greenwood Commonwealth
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year