An exception to the rule
Many restaurants took a hard hit during the Great Recession as patrons chose to eat out less or choose less expensive venues. New South Restaurant Group in Hattiesburg, however, barely suffered. Owner and executive chef Robert St. John, who opened the new “scratch” Italian restaurant Tabella in March, said sales are up substantially.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete