Oil-Dri completes expansion for cat litter line
BLUE MOUNTAIN — Oil-Dri Corporation of America has completed the expansion of its facility in Blue Mountain, increasing capacity for a new line of Cat’s Pride cat litter.
Oil-Dri’s subsidiary, Blue Mountain Production Company, underwent a $9-million expansion, increasing the facility by 41,000 square feet. This includes improved automated systems aimed at producing high-quality products and increasing worker productivity.
Oil-Dri employs approximately 150 workers at its plants in Blue Mountain and Ripley.
“We have been a part of this community for 48 years, and are thankful to the employees and our neighbors who have helped make our company successful,” said Dan Jaffee, Oil-Dri president and CEO.
Entities assisting in the expansion include: Clemmer Construction Company, LLC; Greer Electric Inc.; Tippah County Development Foundation; Tennessee Valley Authority; Tippah County Board of Supervisors; Mississippi Development Authority; Mississippi Department of Employment Security; New Albany Power and Light; and, Northeast Mississippi Community College.
Source: Tippah County Development Foundation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics