Oil-Dri completes expansion for cat litter line
BLUE MOUNTAIN — Oil-Dri Corporation of America has completed the expansion of its facility in Blue Mountain, increasing capacity for a new line of Cat’s Pride cat litter.
Oil-Dri’s subsidiary, Blue Mountain Production Company, underwent a $9-million expansion, increasing the facility by 41,000 square feet. This includes improved automated systems aimed at producing high-quality products and increasing worker productivity.
Oil-Dri employs approximately 150 workers at its plants in Blue Mountain and Ripley.
“We have been a part of this community for 48 years, and are thankful to the employees and our neighbors who have helped make our company successful,” said Dan Jaffee, Oil-Dri president and CEO.
Entities assisting in the expansion include: Clemmer Construction Company, LLC; Greer Electric Inc.; Tippah County Development Foundation; Tennessee Valley Authority; Tippah County Board of Supervisors; Mississippi Development Authority; Mississippi Department of Employment Security; New Albany Power and Light; and, Northeast Mississippi Community College.
Source: Tippah County Development Foundation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager