Oil-Dri completes expansion for cat litter line
BLUE MOUNTAIN — Oil-Dri Corporation of America has completed the expansion of its facility in Blue Mountain, increasing capacity for a new line of Cat’s Pride cat litter.
Oil-Dri’s subsidiary, Blue Mountain Production Company, underwent a $9-million expansion, increasing the facility by 41,000 square feet. This includes improved automated systems aimed at producing high-quality products and increasing worker productivity.
Oil-Dri employs approximately 150 workers at its plants in Blue Mountain and Ripley.
“We have been a part of this community for 48 years, and are thankful to the employees and our neighbors who have helped make our company successful,” said Dan Jaffee, Oil-Dri president and CEO.
Entities assisting in the expansion include: Clemmer Construction Company, LLC; Greer Electric Inc.; Tippah County Development Foundation; Tennessee Valley Authority; Tippah County Board of Supervisors; Mississippi Development Authority; Mississippi Department of Employment Security; New Albany Power and Light; and, Northeast Mississippi Community College.
Source: Tippah County Development Foundation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge