Oil-Dri completes expansion for cat litter line
BLUE MOUNTAIN — Oil-Dri Corporation of America has completed the expansion of its facility in Blue Mountain, increasing capacity for a new line of Cat’s Pride cat litter.
Oil-Dri’s subsidiary, Blue Mountain Production Company, underwent a $9-million expansion, increasing the facility by 41,000 square feet. This includes improved automated systems aimed at producing high-quality products and increasing worker productivity.
Oil-Dri employs approximately 150 workers at its plants in Blue Mountain and Ripley.
“We have been a part of this community for 48 years, and are thankful to the employees and our neighbors who have helped make our company successful,” said Dan Jaffee, Oil-Dri president and CEO.
Entities assisting in the expansion include: Clemmer Construction Company, LLC; Greer Electric Inc.; Tippah County Development Foundation; Tennessee Valley Authority; Tippah County Board of Supervisors; Mississippi Development Authority; Mississippi Department of Employment Security; New Albany Power and Light; and, Northeast Mississippi Community College.
Source: Tippah County Development Foundation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme