U.S. 98 improvement project underway in Hub City
Published: July 14,2011
HATTIESBURG — A $2.8-million project to improve an interchange along U.S. Highway 98 in Hattiesburg is getting started.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation said the Lamar County project is being handled by Warren Paving Inc. of Hattiesburg.
The work includes modifications to the traffic signal system and roadway resurfacing as well as the addition of a lane to the southbound exit ramp off of Interstate 59.
Some night work will be required during construction, officials said. The project is scheduled for completion next summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways