U.S. 98 improvement project underway in Hub City
Published: July 14,2011
HATTIESBURG — A $2.8-million project to improve an interchange along U.S. Highway 98 in Hattiesburg is getting started.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation said the Lamar County project is being handled by Warren Paving Inc. of Hattiesburg.
The work includes modifications to the traffic signal system and roadway resurfacing as well as the addition of a lane to the southbound exit ramp off of Interstate 59.
Some night work will be required during construction, officials said. The project is scheduled for completion next summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015