U.S. 98 improvement project underway in Hub City
Published: July 14,2011
HATTIESBURG — A $2.8-million project to improve an interchange along U.S. Highway 98 in Hattiesburg is getting started.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation said the Lamar County project is being handled by Warren Paving Inc. of Hattiesburg.
The work includes modifications to the traffic signal system and roadway resurfacing as well as the addition of a lane to the southbound exit ramp off of Interstate 59.
Some night work will be required during construction, officials said. The project is scheduled for completion next summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three