U.S. 98 improvement project underway in Hub City
Published: July 14,2011
HATTIESBURG — A $2.8-million project to improve an interchange along U.S. Highway 98 in Hattiesburg is getting started.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation said the Lamar County project is being handled by Warren Paving Inc. of Hattiesburg.
The work includes modifications to the traffic signal system and roadway resurfacing as well as the addition of a lane to the southbound exit ramp off of Interstate 59.
Some night work will be required during construction, officials said. The project is scheduled for completion next summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center