Airport could lose Delta flights to Memphis
by Associated Press
Published: July 15,2011
GREENVILLE — Greenville officials say Delta Air Lines has decided to remove some routes out of Memphis and may discontinue or alter its Greenville-Memphis connection from Greenville Mid Delta Airport.
Kim Dowdy, with the Delta Economic Development Center, tells the Delta Democrat Times that the city is holding to stave off any such decision.
Dowdy is hoping for a meeting Delta and Mississippi’s congressional delegation by the end of July.
Delta spokesman Tebor Banstette would not confirm that any decision had been made.
However, Banstette says Delta is reviewing plans for a number of smaller, underperforming markets.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Coast has wave of worries as federally subsidized flood insurance nears end