Airport could lose Delta flights to Memphis
Published: July 15,2011
GREENVILLE — Greenville officials say Delta Air Lines has decided to remove some routes out of Memphis and may discontinue or alter its Greenville-Memphis connection from Greenville Mid Delta Airport.
Kim Dowdy, with the Delta Economic Development Center, tells the Delta Democrat Times that the city is holding to stave off any such decision.
Dowdy is hoping for a meeting Delta and Mississippi’s congressional delegation by the end of July.
Delta spokesman Tebor Banstette would not confirm that any decision had been made.
However, Banstette says Delta is reviewing plans for a number of smaller, underperforming markets.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment