Airport could lose Delta flights to Memphis
Published: July 15,2011
GREENVILLE — Greenville officials say Delta Air Lines has decided to remove some routes out of Memphis and may discontinue or alter its Greenville-Memphis connection from Greenville Mid Delta Airport.
Kim Dowdy, with the Delta Economic Development Center, tells the Delta Democrat Times that the city is holding to stave off any such decision.
Dowdy is hoping for a meeting Delta and Mississippi’s congressional delegation by the end of July.
Delta spokesman Tebor Banstette would not confirm that any decision had been made.
However, Banstette says Delta is reviewing plans for a number of smaller, underperforming markets.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form