Airport could lose Delta flights to Memphis
Published: July 15,2011
GREENVILLE — Greenville officials say Delta Air Lines has decided to remove some routes out of Memphis and may discontinue or alter its Greenville-Memphis connection from Greenville Mid Delta Airport.
Kim Dowdy, with the Delta Economic Development Center, tells the Delta Democrat Times that the city is holding to stave off any such decision.
Dowdy is hoping for a meeting Delta and Mississippi’s congressional delegation by the end of July.
Delta spokesman Tebor Banstette would not confirm that any decision had been made.
However, Banstette says Delta is reviewing plans for a number of smaller, underperforming markets.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image