Airport could lose Delta flights to Memphis
Published: July 15,2011
GREENVILLE — Greenville officials say Delta Air Lines has decided to remove some routes out of Memphis and may discontinue or alter its Greenville-Memphis connection from Greenville Mid Delta Airport.
Kim Dowdy, with the Delta Economic Development Center, tells the Delta Democrat Times that the city is holding to stave off any such decision.
Dowdy is hoping for a meeting Delta and Mississippi’s congressional delegation by the end of July.
Delta spokesman Tebor Banstette would not confirm that any decision had been made.
However, Banstette says Delta is reviewing plans for a number of smaller, underperforming markets.
Source: Delta Democrat Times
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us