Guys who remade ‘Raiders’ film look for investors
Published: July 15,2011
The Mississippi guys who made a shot-for-shot remake of Steven Spielberg’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark” as teenagers are now at the “just add money” stage for an original action-adventure film they want to make in the state.
In 1982, at the age of 11, Gulfport resident Chris Strompolos called school acquaintance Eric Zala and hatched a plot to remake “Raiders.” Seven years and $5,000 later they finished.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams