Guys who remade ‘Raiders’ film look for investors
Published: July 15,2011
The Mississippi guys who made a shot-for-shot remake of Steven Spielberg’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark” as teenagers are now at the “just add money” stage for an original action-adventure film they want to make in the state.
In 1982, at the age of 11, Gulfport resident Chris Strompolos called school acquaintance Eric Zala and hatched a plot to remake “Raiders.” Seven years and $5,000 later they finished.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal