Guys who remade ‘Raiders’ film look for investors
Published: July 15,2011
The Mississippi guys who made a shot-for-shot remake of Steven Spielberg’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark” as teenagers are now at the “just add money” stage for an original action-adventure film they want to make in the state.
In 1982, at the age of 11, Gulfport resident Chris Strompolos called school acquaintance Eric Zala and hatched a plot to remake “Raiders.” Seven years and $5,000 later they finished.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015