Port commissioners award multiple contracts
Published: July 15,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Port Authority Board of Commissioners has awarded more than $870,000 in construction contracts this week.
The Mississippi Press reports that Hemphill Construction Co. is getting $725,000 as part of a $24-million project to improve the county’s industrial water supply system. It will construct a new chemical control building and making chemical feed modifications.
The system takes up to 30 million gallons of water per day from the Cumbest Bluff area, treats it in Kreole and sends it to industrial sites for fire protection and other uses.
Talley Contracting got $38,600 to repair Hurricane Gustav damage to rip-rap on Greenwood Island.
K.R. Borries got a $106,800 contract to fix broken or cracked concrete piles.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion