Port commissioners award multiple contracts
by Associated Press
Published: July 15,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Port Authority Board of Commissioners has awarded more than $870,000 in construction contracts this week.
The Mississippi Press reports that Hemphill Construction Co. is getting $725,000 as part of a $24-million project to improve the county’s industrial water supply system. It will construct a new chemical control building and making chemical feed modifications.
The system takes up to 30 million gallons of water per day from the Cumbest Bluff area, treats it in Kreole and sends it to industrial sites for fire protection and other uses.
Talley Contracting got $38,600 to repair Hurricane Gustav damage to rip-rap on Greenwood Island.
K.R. Borries got a $106,800 contract to fix broken or cracked concrete piles.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute