Port commissioners award multiple contracts
by Associated Press
Published: July 15,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Port Authority Board of Commissioners has awarded more than $870,000 in construction contracts this week.
The Mississippi Press reports that Hemphill Construction Co. is getting $725,000 as part of a $24-million project to improve the county’s industrial water supply system. It will construct a new chemical control building and making chemical feed modifications.
The system takes up to 30 million gallons of water per day from the Cumbest Bluff area, treats it in Kreole and sends it to industrial sites for fire protection and other uses.
Talley Contracting got $38,600 to repair Hurricane Gustav damage to rip-rap on Greenwood Island.
K.R. Borries got a $106,800 contract to fix broken or cracked concrete piles.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker