Port commissioners award multiple contracts
by Associated Press
Published: July 15,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Port Authority Board of Commissioners has awarded more than $870,000 in construction contracts this week.
The Mississippi Press reports that Hemphill Construction Co. is getting $725,000 as part of a $24-million project to improve the county’s industrial water supply system. It will construct a new chemical control building and making chemical feed modifications.
The system takes up to 30 million gallons of water per day from the Cumbest Bluff area, treats it in Kreole and sends it to industrial sites for fire protection and other uses.
Talley Contracting got $38,600 to repair Hurricane Gustav damage to rip-rap on Greenwood Island.
K.R. Borries got a $106,800 contract to fix broken or cracked concrete piles.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones