Port commissioners award multiple contracts
Published: July 15,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Port Authority Board of Commissioners has awarded more than $870,000 in construction contracts this week.
The Mississippi Press reports that Hemphill Construction Co. is getting $725,000 as part of a $24-million project to improve the county’s industrial water supply system. It will construct a new chemical control building and making chemical feed modifications.
The system takes up to 30 million gallons of water per day from the Cumbest Bluff area, treats it in Kreole and sends it to industrial sites for fire protection and other uses.
Talley Contracting got $38,600 to repair Hurricane Gustav damage to rip-rap on Greenwood Island.
K.R. Borries got a $106,800 contract to fix broken or cracked concrete piles.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money