Speed suit: Eminent domain vote repeals constitutional protections
by Ted Carter
Published: July 15,2011
Leland Speed concedes he may be relying on a “technical violation” in a lawsuit to stop a statewide vote on banning the use of eminent domain to take private property.
But he’s got to do whatever he can to keep a “dumb” result from occurring, said Speed, a longtime Jackson real estate investor and now interim head of the Mississippi Development Authority.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium