Burton appointed to SREB
State Sen. Terry Burton, R-Newton, has been appointed to the Southern Region Education Board. Gov. Haley Barbour made the appointment to fill a vacancy created by the death of state Sen. Jack Gordon of Okolona.
Burton is chairman of the Senate Elections Committee. He is a member of the education, appropriations and legislative budget committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal