Burton appointed to SREB
State Sen. Terry Burton, R-Newton, has been appointed to the Southern Region Education Board. Gov. Haley Barbour made the appointment to fill a vacancy created by the death of state Sen. Jack Gordon of Okolona.
Burton is chairman of the Senate Elections Committee. He is a member of the education, appropriations and legislative budget committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino