Burton appointed to SREB
State Sen. Terry Burton, R-Newton, has been appointed to the Southern Region Education Board. Gov. Haley Barbour made the appointment to fill a vacancy created by the death of state Sen. Jack Gordon of Okolona.
Burton is chairman of the Senate Elections Committee. He is a member of the education, appropriations and legislative budget committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones