Burton appointed to SREB
State Sen. Terry Burton, R-Newton, has been appointed to the Southern Region Education Board. Gov. Haley Barbour made the appointment to fill a vacancy created by the death of state Sen. Jack Gordon of Okolona.
Burton is chairman of the Senate Elections Committee. He is a member of the education, appropriations and legislative budget committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer