Burton appointed to SREB
State Sen. Terry Burton, R-Newton, has been appointed to the Southern Region Education Board. Gov. Haley Barbour made the appointment to fill a vacancy created by the death of state Sen. Jack Gordon of Okolona.
Burton is chairman of the Senate Elections Committee. He is a member of the education, appropriations and legislative budget committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand