Cooley added at Foundation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Asya Besova Cooley has joined the Mississippi State University Foundation as assistant director of annual giving. Cooley will support efforts to secure annual gifts for the land-grant institution. She works with Barbie Hampel, the annual giving director.
A native of Southwestern Russia, Cooley holds a bachelor of arts in communications from Alcorn State University and a master of mass communications from Louisiana State University.
Most recently, she was a research associate at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and co-owner and a social media consultant for the HH Agency in Tuscaloosa. Her previous experience also includes a two-year stint with the New York Times Regional Media Group.
As assistant director of annual giving, Cooley oversees the Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal