Cooley added at Foundation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Asya Besova Cooley has joined the Mississippi State University Foundation as assistant director of annual giving. Cooley will support efforts to secure annual gifts for the land-grant institution. She works with Barbie Hampel, the annual giving director.
A native of Southwestern Russia, Cooley holds a bachelor of arts in communications from Alcorn State University and a master of mass communications from Louisiana State University.
Most recently, she was a research associate at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and co-owner and a social media consultant for the HH Agency in Tuscaloosa. Her previous experience also includes a two-year stint with the New York Times Regional Media Group.
As assistant director of annual giving, Cooley oversees the Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun