Cooley added at Foundation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Asya Besova Cooley has joined the Mississippi State University Foundation as assistant director of annual giving. Cooley will support efforts to secure annual gifts for the land-grant institution. She works with Barbie Hampel, the annual giving director.
A native of Southwestern Russia, Cooley holds a bachelor of arts in communications from Alcorn State University and a master of mass communications from Louisiana State University.
Most recently, she was a research associate at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and co-owner and a social media consultant for the HH Agency in Tuscaloosa. Her previous experience also includes a two-year stint with the New York Times Regional Media Group.
As assistant director of annual giving, Cooley oversees the Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015