Cooley added at Foundation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Asya Besova Cooley has joined the Mississippi State University Foundation as assistant director of annual giving. Cooley will support efforts to secure annual gifts for the land-grant institution. She works with Barbie Hampel, the annual giving director.
A native of Southwestern Russia, Cooley holds a bachelor of arts in communications from Alcorn State University and a master of mass communications from Louisiana State University.
Most recently, she was a research associate at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and co-owner and a social media consultant for the HH Agency in Tuscaloosa. Her previous experience also includes a two-year stint with the New York Times Regional Media Group.
As assistant director of annual giving, Cooley oversees the Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation