Fuquay oversees encyclopedia
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
A comprehensive reference publication on the various aspects of dairy science was recently published under the leadership of a long-time John Fuquay, professor emeritus in Mississippi State University’s Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.
He is editor-in-chief of the second edition of the “Encyclopedia of Dairy Science.” Fuquay served as the dairy production editor on the first edition and in 2008 was asked to be the primary editor of the second edition. As editor-in-chief, Fuquay selected an editorial advisory board, identified authors and evaluated and approved the more than 500 articles included in the encyclopedia.
Fuquay taught dairy science at MSU from 1969-1999. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from North Carolina State University and his doctorate in dairy science from Pennsylvania State University. Fuquay has served as a consultant and lecturer internationally, in countries such as Thailand, Mexico and Nicaragua. He is coauthor of a textbook, “Applied Animal Reproduction,” and is author of the memoir “Musings of a Depression-Era Southern Farm Boy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case