Fuquay oversees encyclopedia
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
A comprehensive reference publication on the various aspects of dairy science was recently published under the leadership of a long-time John Fuquay, professor emeritus in Mississippi State University’s Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.
He is editor-in-chief of the second edition of the “Encyclopedia of Dairy Science.” Fuquay served as the dairy production editor on the first edition and in 2008 was asked to be the primary editor of the second edition. As editor-in-chief, Fuquay selected an editorial advisory board, identified authors and evaluated and approved the more than 500 articles included in the encyclopedia.
Fuquay taught dairy science at MSU from 1969-1999. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from North Carolina State University and his doctorate in dairy science from Pennsylvania State University. Fuquay has served as a consultant and lecturer internationally, in countries such as Thailand, Mexico and Nicaragua. He is coauthor of a textbook, “Applied Animal Reproduction,” and is author of the memoir “Musings of a Depression-Era Southern Farm Boy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility