Fuquay oversees encyclopedia
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
A comprehensive reference publication on the various aspects of dairy science was recently published under the leadership of a long-time John Fuquay, professor emeritus in Mississippi State University’s Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.
He is editor-in-chief of the second edition of the “Encyclopedia of Dairy Science.” Fuquay served as the dairy production editor on the first edition and in 2008 was asked to be the primary editor of the second edition. As editor-in-chief, Fuquay selected an editorial advisory board, identified authors and evaluated and approved the more than 500 articles included in the encyclopedia.
Fuquay taught dairy science at MSU from 1969-1999. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from North Carolina State University and his doctorate in dairy science from Pennsylvania State University. Fuquay has served as a consultant and lecturer internationally, in countries such as Thailand, Mexico and Nicaragua. He is coauthor of a textbook, “Applied Animal Reproduction,” and is author of the memoir “Musings of a Depression-Era Southern Farm Boy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years