Fuquay oversees encyclopedia
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
A comprehensive reference publication on the various aspects of dairy science was recently published under the leadership of a long-time John Fuquay, professor emeritus in Mississippi State University’s Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.
He is editor-in-chief of the second edition of the “Encyclopedia of Dairy Science.” Fuquay served as the dairy production editor on the first edition and in 2008 was asked to be the primary editor of the second edition. As editor-in-chief, Fuquay selected an editorial advisory board, identified authors and evaluated and approved the more than 500 articles included in the encyclopedia.
Fuquay taught dairy science at MSU from 1969-1999. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from North Carolina State University and his doctorate in dairy science from Pennsylvania State University. Fuquay has served as a consultant and lecturer internationally, in countries such as Thailand, Mexico and Nicaragua. He is coauthor of a textbook, “Applied Animal Reproduction,” and is author of the memoir “Musings of a Depression-Era Southern Farm Boy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary