Ridgway comes to UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Dr. Mildred Ridgway, a gynecologic oncologist who has practiced in Jackson for six years, has joined the medical faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. She and Dr. David McIntosh, chief of gynecologic oncology at UMMC, will see patients through University Physicians, a part of University of Mississippi Health Care. They practice at UP Women’s Specialty Care at Mirror Lake and the UMMC Cancer Institute at the Jackson Medical Mall.
After receiving the B.A. in history from Tulane University, in 1992, Ridgway earned the M.D. at the Tulane University School of Medicine in 1998. She completed her internship in 1999 and residency training in ob-gyn in 2002 at the Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C., where she served as assistant chief resident from 2001-02. She completed a three-year fellowship in gynecologic oncology at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, from 2002-05.
Since moving to Jackson in 2005, Ridgway has been on the medical staff at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, St. Dominic Memorial Hospital and River Oaks Hospital. She has served as Robotics Surgery Program director at Baptist since 2009. She plans to continue her work in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery at UMMC.
Ridgway is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists and the Gynecologic Cancer Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey