USM alums named best team
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
University of Southern Mississippi alums Kimberly Schramm and Tanya Powell were recognized recently as the Physical Therapy/Physical Therapist Assistant Team of the Year by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Schramm and Powell have worked together for six year at Petal Physical Therapy, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic.
Schramm got her bachelor’s degree in athletic training from Southern Miss in 1993. She earned her master’s degree in physical therapy from Texas Women’s University in 1996 and collected her doctorate from the University of Mississippi in 2007.
Powell received a bachelor’s degree in kinesiotherapy in 2000 before receiving her physical therapy assistant degree from Pearl River Community College in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center