Young appointed VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has named F. Russell Young as associate vice president for development. Jere Hess, Young’s predecessor, retired in May after eight years at Gulf Coast.
Young, who was business advisor for Mississippi Building Blocks and vice president/relationship manager at Regions Bank (formerly AmSouth Bank) in Jackson, has extensive professional experience in banking/relationship management, underwriting and as a financial advisor. During his seven years in the banking industry, Young was a top performer and demonstrated success in conducting multimillion-dollar sales transactions closing more than $54 million in new loan production in 2007, and he was ranked in the Top Five Residential Construction Lenders in the AmSouth Footprint for three years.
During the time he was at Regions, he participated in commercial underwriting and management associate training programs.
As a financial advisor for Mississippi Building Blocks, Young was responsible for improving financial viability for 19 childcare centers participating in the program. He assisted in the preparation, development and implementation of a multimillion-dollar budget and helped program owner/directors devise and implement strategies for developing budgets, facility management, fundraising, grants and marketing.
He has worked in both the private and public sectors in Mississippi and Tennessee.
His educational background includes an MBA and a bachelor of business from Mississippi State University. He is currently working on his doctorate in higher education at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Young is married (Ashley) and is a native Mississippian.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections