Young appointed VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 17,2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has named F. Russell Young as associate vice president for development. Jere Hess, Young’s predecessor, retired in May after eight years at Gulf Coast.
Young, who was business advisor for Mississippi Building Blocks and vice president/relationship manager at Regions Bank (formerly AmSouth Bank) in Jackson, has extensive professional experience in banking/relationship management, underwriting and as a financial advisor. During his seven years in the banking industry, Young was a top performer and demonstrated success in conducting multimillion-dollar sales transactions closing more than $54 million in new loan production in 2007, and he was ranked in the Top Five Residential Construction Lenders in the AmSouth Footprint for three years.
During the time he was at Regions, he participated in commercial underwriting and management associate training programs.
As a financial advisor for Mississippi Building Blocks, Young was responsible for improving financial viability for 19 childcare centers participating in the program. He assisted in the preparation, development and implementation of a multimillion-dollar budget and helped program owner/directors devise and implement strategies for developing budgets, facility management, fundraising, grants and marketing.
He has worked in both the private and public sectors in Mississippi and Tennessee.
His educational background includes an MBA and a bachelor of business from Mississippi State University. He is currently working on his doctorate in higher education at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Young is married (Ashley) and is a native Mississippian.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren