Cargill reports no injuries following explosion
Published: July 18,2011
BYHALIA — Officials say there was an explosion at the Cargill Animal Nutrition feed plant in North Mississippi, but it didn’t cause a fire and nobody was injured.
Tim Loesch, a Cargill spokesman, said the cause of the July 15 explosion at the plant in Byhalia is under investigation.
He said all employees were evacuated immediately and the local fire department responded and began an investigation into the cause.
The plant in North Mississippi make feed for animals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million