Cargill reports no injuries following explosion
Published: July 18,2011
BYHALIA — Officials say there was an explosion at the Cargill Animal Nutrition feed plant in North Mississippi, but it didn’t cause a fire and nobody was injured.
Tim Loesch, a Cargill spokesman, said the cause of the July 15 explosion at the plant in Byhalia is under investigation.
He said all employees were evacuated immediately and the local fire department responded and began an investigation into the cause.
The plant in North Mississippi make feed for animals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'