Cargill reports no injuries following explosion
Published: July 18,2011
BYHALIA — Officials say there was an explosion at the Cargill Animal Nutrition feed plant in North Mississippi, but it didn’t cause a fire and nobody was injured.
Tim Loesch, a Cargill spokesman, said the cause of the July 15 explosion at the plant in Byhalia is under investigation.
He said all employees were evacuated immediately and the local fire department responded and began an investigation into the cause.
The plant in North Mississippi make feed for animals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics