Cargill reports no injuries following explosion
Published: July 18,2011
BYHALIA — Officials say there was an explosion at the Cargill Animal Nutrition feed plant in North Mississippi, but it didn’t cause a fire and nobody was injured.
Tim Loesch, a Cargill spokesman, said the cause of the July 15 explosion at the plant in Byhalia is under investigation.
He said all employees were evacuated immediately and the local fire department responded and began an investigation into the cause.
The plant in North Mississippi make feed for animals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing