Cargill reports no injuries following explosion
by Associated Press
Published: July 18,2011
BYHALIA — Officials say there was an explosion at the Cargill Animal Nutrition feed plant in North Mississippi, but it didn’t cause a fire and nobody was injured.
Tim Loesch, a Cargill spokesman, said the cause of the July 15 explosion at the plant in Byhalia is under investigation.
He said all employees were evacuated immediately and the local fire department responded and began an investigation into the cause.
The plant in North Mississippi make feed for animals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- SANDERSON FARMS —From family business to major corporation
- FNC staff preparing for first 'The Forge' hackathon
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges