New Atlantic storm threatening the Bahamas
ATLANTIC OCEAN — Tropical storm Bret is swirling in the Atlantic Ocean off the Bahamas and forecasted to stay away from the U.S. East Coast.
Authorities in the Bahamas issued a tropical storm warning early today for Grand Bahama and the Abaco Islands, meaning tropical storm conditions are expected in the next few hours.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center said the storm’s center was about 65 miles north-northwest of Great Abaco Island. Its maximum sustained winds were 50 mph and it was drifting northeast at three miles per hour. Bret was expected to begin moving north-northeast later today and to strengthen over the next day or two.
The storm could produce two to four inches of rain over the northwest Bahamas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves