California company fined for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined another out-of-state telemarketing company for allegedly violating the state’s “No-Call” law.
The PSC reached a settlement with SmartReply Inc. of Irvine, California, whereby the company has paid $21,000 regarding alleged violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
SmartReply also has agreed to register as a telemarketer in the State of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus