State to auction off Mississippi Cottages
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2011
GULFPORT — More than 180 Mississippi Cottages will be auctioned to registered bidders beginning at 9 a.m. July 29 at the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency’s staging area at 10421 Turner Road, Gulfport.
The units will be sold in “as is” condition, which varies from new to needing multiple improvements. Interested buyers will be able to walk through the cottages prior to auction from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 27-28 at the staging area.
Proceeds from the sale of the cottages will be used to continue close out operations of the Mississippi Alternative Housing Program.
No employees from any Mississippi state agency or university are eligible to participate in this public sale. Per Section 25-4-105(3)(b) of the Mississippi Code, state employees/officers may neither directly nor indirectly participate in this sale or receive property offered in this sale.
All bidders must register with the auction company in order to participate. To register and to learn more about this auction, contact Thomas Auction and Real Estate Company at (662) 289- 7800, or visit thomasauction.net.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.