State to auction off Mississippi Cottages
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2011
GULFPORT — More than 180 Mississippi Cottages will be auctioned to registered bidders beginning at 9 a.m. July 29 at the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency’s staging area at 10421 Turner Road, Gulfport.
The units will be sold in “as is” condition, which varies from new to needing multiple improvements. Interested buyers will be able to walk through the cottages prior to auction from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 27-28 at the staging area.
Proceeds from the sale of the cottages will be used to continue close out operations of the Mississippi Alternative Housing Program.
No employees from any Mississippi state agency or university are eligible to participate in this public sale. Per Section 25-4-105(3)(b) of the Mississippi Code, state employees/officers may neither directly nor indirectly participate in this sale or receive property offered in this sale.
All bidders must register with the auction company in order to participate. To register and to learn more about this auction, contact Thomas Auction and Real Estate Company at (662) 289- 7800, or visit thomasauction.net.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win