Bonds to go on sale to finance Ocean Expo
Published: July 20,2011
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has passed resolutions needed to finalize the purchase of property for the Ocean Expo off Interstate 10, and float general obligation bonds to cover some of the expense.
Demery Grubbs with Government Consultants Inc. of Jackson said he wants to sell the bonds before the deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling, which could affect interest rates.
Grubbs told the council Tuesday he hopes the interest rate on the bonds will be about 4 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports