Bonds to go on sale to finance Ocean Expo
by Associated Press
Published: July 20,2011
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has passed resolutions needed to finalize the purchase of property for the Ocean Expo off Interstate 10, and float general obligation bonds to cover some of the expense.
Demery Grubbs with Government Consultants Inc. of Jackson said he wants to sell the bonds before the deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling, which could affect interest rates.
Grubbs told the council Tuesday he hopes the interest rate on the bonds will be about 4 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy