Bonds to go on sale to finance Ocean Expo
Published: July 20,2011
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has passed resolutions needed to finalize the purchase of property for the Ocean Expo off Interstate 10, and float general obligation bonds to cover some of the expense.
Demery Grubbs with Government Consultants Inc. of Jackson said he wants to sell the bonds before the deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling, which could affect interest rates.
Grubbs told the council Tuesday he hopes the interest rate on the bonds will be about 4 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast