Bonds to go on sale to finance Ocean Expo
Published: July 20,2011
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has passed resolutions needed to finalize the purchase of property for the Ocean Expo off Interstate 10, and float general obligation bonds to cover some of the expense.
Demery Grubbs with Government Consultants Inc. of Jackson said he wants to sell the bonds before the deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling, which could affect interest rates.
Grubbs told the council Tuesday he hopes the interest rate on the bonds will be about 4 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager