Bonds to go on sale to finance Ocean Expo
Published: July 20,2011
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has passed resolutions needed to finalize the purchase of property for the Ocean Expo off Interstate 10, and float general obligation bonds to cover some of the expense.
Demery Grubbs with Government Consultants Inc. of Jackson said he wants to sell the bonds before the deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling, which could affect interest rates.
Grubbs told the council Tuesday he hopes the interest rate on the bonds will be about 4 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer