ICC kicks off fundraising for health facility
Published: July 20,2011
TUPELO — Itawamba Community College has kicked off a three-year campaign to raise $8 million for a new health science education center on the school’s Tupelo campus.
ICC President David Cole says the school has pledges of $5 million to the training center, $2 million. He says ICC will also apply $2 million of grants to the construction.
Site work has already been done for the school. Cole says an official ground-breaking could be held within a few weeks.
The new facility will host programs in associate degree nursing, licensed practical nursing, health-information technology, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, radiologic technology, respiratory care technology and surgical technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015