ICC kicks off fundraising for health facility
Published: July 20,2011
TUPELO — Itawamba Community College has kicked off a three-year campaign to raise $8 million for a new health science education center on the school’s Tupelo campus.
ICC President David Cole says the school has pledges of $5 million to the training center, $2 million. He says ICC will also apply $2 million of grants to the construction.
Site work has already been done for the school. Cole says an official ground-breaking could be held within a few weeks.
The new facility will host programs in associate degree nursing, licensed practical nursing, health-information technology, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, radiologic technology, respiratory care technology and surgical technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau