ICC kicks off fundraising for health facility
by Associated Press
Published: July 20,2011
TUPELO — Itawamba Community College has kicked off a three-year campaign to raise $8 million for a new health science education center on the school’s Tupelo campus.
ICC President David Cole says the school has pledges of $5 million to the training center, $2 million. He says ICC will also apply $2 million of grants to the construction.
Site work has already been done for the school. Cole says an official ground-breaking could be held within a few weeks.
The new facility will host programs in associate degree nursing, licensed practical nursing, health-information technology, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, radiologic technology, respiratory care technology and surgical technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide