ICC kicks off fundraising for health facility
by Associated Press
Published: July 20,2011
TUPELO — Itawamba Community College has kicked off a three-year campaign to raise $8 million for a new health science education center on the school’s Tupelo campus.
ICC President David Cole says the school has pledges of $5 million to the training center, $2 million. He says ICC will also apply $2 million of grants to the construction.
Site work has already been done for the school. Cole says an official ground-breaking could be held within a few weeks.
The new facility will host programs in associate degree nursing, licensed practical nursing, health-information technology, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, radiologic technology, respiratory care technology and surgical technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability