Jackson State hires first female AD
Published: July 21,2011
Tags: Carolyn Meyers, Jackson State University, NCAA, North Carolina, Northeastern Illinois University, Sojourner-Douglass College, Tennessee State University, The Clarion-Ledger, University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vivian Fuller
JACKSON — Jackson State University has hired Vivian Fuller as its first female athletic director.
The 56-year-old Fuller replaces Bob Braddy.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Fuller’s salary was not immediately available. Braddy had made $100,000.
The daughter of a North Carolina sharecropper, Fuller has spent eight years at Sojourner-Douglass College, where she is dean of the Cambridge, Md., campus.
She also has been an athletic director at University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Tennessee State University and Northeastern Illinois University.
A pioneer in promoting women’s sports, she served as a member of the NCAA Gender Equity Task Force.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology