Jackson State hires first female AD
by Associated Press
Published: July 21,2011
Tags: Carolyn Meyers, Jackson State University, NCAA, North Carolina, Northeastern Illinois University, Sojourner-Douglass College, Tennessee State University, The Clarion-Ledger, University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vivian Fuller
JACKSON — Jackson State University has hired Vivian Fuller as its first female athletic director.
The 56-year-old Fuller replaces Bob Braddy.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Fuller’s salary was not immediately available. Braddy had made $100,000.
The daughter of a North Carolina sharecropper, Fuller has spent eight years at Sojourner-Douglass College, where she is dean of the Cambridge, Md., campus.
She also has been an athletic director at University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Tennessee State University and Northeastern Illinois University.
A pioneer in promoting women’s sports, she served as a member of the NCAA Gender Equity Task Force.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium