Jackson State hires first female AD
by Associated Press
Published: July 21,2011
Tags: Carolyn Meyers, Jackson State University, NCAA, North Carolina, Northeastern Illinois University, Sojourner-Douglass College, Tennessee State University, The Clarion-Ledger, University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vivian Fuller
JACKSON — Jackson State University has hired Vivian Fuller as its first female athletic director.
The 56-year-old Fuller replaces Bob Braddy.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Fuller’s salary was not immediately available. Braddy had made $100,000.
The daughter of a North Carolina sharecropper, Fuller has spent eight years at Sojourner-Douglass College, where she is dean of the Cambridge, Md., campus.
She also has been an athletic director at University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Tennessee State University and Northeastern Illinois University.
A pioneer in promoting women’s sports, she served as a member of the NCAA Gender Equity Task Force.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction