Jackson State hires first female AD
Published: July 21,2011
Tags: Carolyn Meyers, Jackson State University, NCAA, North Carolina, Northeastern Illinois University, Sojourner-Douglass College, Tennessee State University, The Clarion-Ledger, University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vivian Fuller
JACKSON — Jackson State University has hired Vivian Fuller as its first female athletic director.
The 56-year-old Fuller replaces Bob Braddy.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Fuller’s salary was not immediately available. Braddy had made $100,000.
The daughter of a North Carolina sharecropper, Fuller has spent eight years at Sojourner-Douglass College, where she is dean of the Cambridge, Md., campus.
She also has been an athletic director at University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Tennessee State University and Northeastern Illinois University.
A pioneer in promoting women’s sports, she served as a member of the NCAA Gender Equity Task Force.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline