Jackson State hires first female AD
Published: July 21,2011
Tags: Carolyn Meyers, Jackson State University, NCAA, North Carolina, Northeastern Illinois University, Sojourner-Douglass College, Tennessee State University, The Clarion-Ledger, University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vivian Fuller
JACKSON — Jackson State University has hired Vivian Fuller as its first female athletic director.
The 56-year-old Fuller replaces Bob Braddy.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Fuller’s salary was not immediately available. Braddy had made $100,000.
The daughter of a North Carolina sharecropper, Fuller has spent eight years at Sojourner-Douglass College, where she is dean of the Cambridge, Md., campus.
She also has been an athletic director at University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, Tennessee State University and Northeastern Illinois University.
A pioneer in promoting women’s sports, she served as a member of the NCAA Gender Equity Task Force.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex