MSU sees new record in private gifts, pledges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 21,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University is announcing a new milestone of $80.3 million in outright private gifts and pledges of future support during the just-ended fiscal year.
A 23 percent increase from FY 10, the record number represents the highest single-year giving total in the university’s 133-year history.
John P. Rush, vice president for development and alumni, said the MSU Foundation, for the first time in school history, received gifts exceeding $60 million for the previous two consecutive years (FY 2009 and 2010), making this past year’s level of support truly remarkable.
For FY 11, the percentage of contributing alumni reached 18 percent, which ranks above several major peer institutions in the measure of support among former students.
Rush credited “StatePride,” the current initiative for student scholarships and faculty support, as being “a catalyst for fundraising progress,” also observing that growth in funds immediately available from “StatePride” and growth in the overall endowment were positive factors from FY 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager