MSU sees new record in private gifts, pledges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 21,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University is announcing a new milestone of $80.3 million in outright private gifts and pledges of future support during the just-ended fiscal year.
A 23 percent increase from FY 10, the record number represents the highest single-year giving total in the university’s 133-year history.
John P. Rush, vice president for development and alumni, said the MSU Foundation, for the first time in school history, received gifts exceeding $60 million for the previous two consecutive years (FY 2009 and 2010), making this past year’s level of support truly remarkable.
For FY 11, the percentage of contributing alumni reached 18 percent, which ranks above several major peer institutions in the measure of support among former students.
Rush credited “StatePride,” the current initiative for student scholarships and faculty support, as being “a catalyst for fundraising progress,” also observing that growth in funds immediately available from “StatePride” and growth in the overall endowment were positive factors from FY 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits