MSU sees new record in private gifts, pledges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 21,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University is announcing a new milestone of $80.3 million in outright private gifts and pledges of future support during the just-ended fiscal year.
A 23 percent increase from FY 10, the record number represents the highest single-year giving total in the university’s 133-year history.
John P. Rush, vice president for development and alumni, said the MSU Foundation, for the first time in school history, received gifts exceeding $60 million for the previous two consecutive years (FY 2009 and 2010), making this past year’s level of support truly remarkable.
For FY 11, the percentage of contributing alumni reached 18 percent, which ranks above several major peer institutions in the measure of support among former students.
Rush credited “StatePride,” the current initiative for student scholarships and faculty support, as being “a catalyst for fundraising progress,” also observing that growth in funds immediately available from “StatePride” and growth in the overall endowment were positive factors from FY 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money