MSU sees new record in private gifts, pledges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 21,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University is announcing a new milestone of $80.3 million in outright private gifts and pledges of future support during the just-ended fiscal year.
A 23 percent increase from FY 10, the record number represents the highest single-year giving total in the university’s 133-year history.
John P. Rush, vice president for development and alumni, said the MSU Foundation, for the first time in school history, received gifts exceeding $60 million for the previous two consecutive years (FY 2009 and 2010), making this past year’s level of support truly remarkable.
For FY 11, the percentage of contributing alumni reached 18 percent, which ranks above several major peer institutions in the measure of support among former students.
Rush credited “StatePride,” the current initiative for student scholarships and faculty support, as being “a catalyst for fundraising progress,” also observing that growth in funds immediately available from “StatePride” and growth in the overall endowment were positive factors from FY 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program