MSU sees new record in private gifts, pledges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 21,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University is announcing a new milestone of $80.3 million in outright private gifts and pledges of future support during the just-ended fiscal year.
A 23 percent increase from FY 10, the record number represents the highest single-year giving total in the university’s 133-year history.
John P. Rush, vice president for development and alumni, said the MSU Foundation, for the first time in school history, received gifts exceeding $60 million for the previous two consecutive years (FY 2009 and 2010), making this past year’s level of support truly remarkable.
For FY 11, the percentage of contributing alumni reached 18 percent, which ranks above several major peer institutions in the measure of support among former students.
Rush credited “StatePride,” the current initiative for student scholarships and faculty support, as being “a catalyst for fundraising progress,” also observing that growth in funds immediately available from “StatePride” and growth in the overall endowment were positive factors from FY 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years