Alumni group names officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
The new national officers of the Mississippi State University Alumni Association assume their leadership roles July 1. Officially beginning one-year terms, are: Jerry L. Toney of Starkville, president; Camille Scales Young of Madison, national first vice president; Tommy R. Roberson of Memphis, Tenn., national second vice president; and, Jodi White Turner of Montgomery, Ala., national treasurer.
Karen Dugard Lawler of Madison, Ala., continues on the board as former national president.
Incoming national president Toney is a 1996 graduate in real estate, mortgage finance and economics. He previously was the association’s national first vice president and has served as president of the Oktibbeha County Chapter. Toney is a certified financial planner and vice president of Starkville-based Cadence Bank.
Young is a 1994 communication management graduate who also holds a 1996 master’s degree in agriculture and extension education. She was a board member for the association’s Central Mississippi Chapter and has served on various chapter committees. Young is a government affairs representative with the Jackson law firm of Watkins Ludlam Winter and Stennis, P.A.
Roberson, a 1967 political science and history graduate, is retired after a 34-year career with Kraft Foods. He has served as president, vice president and membership officer of the Memphis Maroon Club, as well as on the board of directors’ executive committee.
Turner enters her second term as national treasurer. She holds a 1997 bachelor’s degree in accounting, as well as a 1999 master’s degree in business administration. Turner is chief financial officer for PrimeSouth Bank in Tallassee, Ala.
Lawler is a 1982 business administration graduate who also holds a 1994 master’s degree in business administration. With the Huntsville-Decatur Chapter, she has served over time as president, vice president and treasurer. Lawler is team lead for the Budget Integration and Analysis Office within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.