Commission swears in members
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
The Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women recently held a swearing-in ceremony for five new members. The state-funded agency examines quality-of-life issues that affect women, particularly in education, healthcare, the economy, political participation and race relations.
The new commissioners are Wesla Sullivan Leech, Mary Beth Wilkerson, Rita Wray, Faye Davidson and Joey Albritton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending