Commission swears in members
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
The Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women recently held a swearing-in ceremony for five new members. The state-funded agency examines quality-of-life issues that affect women, particularly in education, healthcare, the economy, political participation and race relations.
The new commissioners are Wesla Sullivan Leech, Mary Beth Wilkerson, Rita Wray, Faye Davidson and Joey Albritton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur