Commission swears in members
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
The Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women recently held a swearing-in ceremony for five new members. The state-funded agency examines quality-of-life issues that affect women, particularly in education, healthcare, the economy, political participation and race relations.
The new commissioners are Wesla Sullivan Leech, Mary Beth Wilkerson, Rita Wray, Faye Davidson and Joey Albritton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound