Commission swears in members
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
The Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women recently held a swearing-in ceremony for five new members. The state-funded agency examines quality-of-life issues that affect women, particularly in education, healthcare, the economy, political participation and race relations.
The new commissioners are Wesla Sullivan Leech, Mary Beth Wilkerson, Rita Wray, Faye Davidson and Joey Albritton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete