Commission swears in members
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
The Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women recently held a swearing-in ceremony for five new members. The state-funded agency examines quality-of-life issues that affect women, particularly in education, healthcare, the economy, political participation and race relations.
The new commissioners are Wesla Sullivan Leech, Mary Beth Wilkerson, Rita Wray, Faye Davidson and Joey Albritton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)