Davis wins scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
Rebecca Davis of Pascagoula was presented with the 2012 Charles O. Beasley Scholarship Award at the Mississippi Main Street Association’s (MMSA’s) 2011 Annual Awards Meeting and Luncheon held recently at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson.
This special award recognizes a Main Street Manager who has shown outstanding service to his or her community and program. The award is a scholarship to attend the 2012 National Main Street Conference. The scholarship fund was supported this year by a silent auction that took place prior to the awards ceremony.
Davis has been the manager of Pascagoula Main Street since 2002. She is the special events coordinator for all the promotions and events for Pascagoula’s downtown.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending