Davis wins scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
Rebecca Davis of Pascagoula was presented with the 2012 Charles O. Beasley Scholarship Award at the Mississippi Main Street Association’s (MMSA’s) 2011 Annual Awards Meeting and Luncheon held recently at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson.
This special award recognizes a Main Street Manager who has shown outstanding service to his or her community and program. The award is a scholarship to attend the 2012 National Main Street Conference. The scholarship fund was supported this year by a silent auction that took place prior to the awards ceremony.
Davis has been the manager of Pascagoula Main Street since 2002. She is the special events coordinator for all the promotions and events for Pascagoula’s downtown.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy