Jackson councilman wants insurance mandate on certain convenience stores
The liability insurance Jackson City Councilman Kenneth Stokes wants to require of convenience stores in the city that sell alcoholic beverages may make the premises safer from mishaps such as slip-and-falls.
But don’t look for it to lessen the likelihood of violent incidents – or to even cover customers injured by violence, insurance professionals say.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president