Jackson councilman wants insurance mandate on certain convenience stores
The liability insurance Jackson City Councilman Kenneth Stokes wants to require of convenience stores in the city that sell alcoholic beverages may make the premises safer from mishaps such as slip-and-falls.
But don’t look for it to lessen the likelihood of violent incidents – or to even cover customers injured by violence, insurance professionals say.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds