Jones rejoins UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
Dr. Harriet L. Jones, a board-certified, infectious-diseases-trained internist, has joined the University of Mississippi Medical Center as an associate professor in the Department of Medicine. She also has a dual appointment to the School of Nursing Advanced Practice Program. Jones specializes in the treatment of patients with complicated wounds, soft-tissue infections, including osteomyelitis and post-operative complications.
After receiving the B.S.N. from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1985, Jones earned the M.D. from UMMC in 1998. She completed residency training in internal medicine at UMMC in 2001 and served as a fellow in infectious diseases from 2001-2003. She first joined the UMMC faculty as an assistant professor of medicine and surgery in 2003 and began the Outpatient Antimicrobial Service in the Division of Infectious Diseases.
In 2005, Jones joined River Oaks Hospital in Flowood as the sole physician and full-time medical director of the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center. She founded the Wound Management Group in 2008. In 2010, the group relocated its practice to Mississippi Baptist Medical Center in Jackson.
An active member of the Wound Healing Society, the American Professional Wound Care Association, the American College of Physicians, American Society of Internal Medicine and the American Academy of Wound Care, Jones has authored or coauthored several articles for publications. She serves as a member of the editorial board for Today’s Wound Clinic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal