Jones rejoins UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
Dr. Harriet L. Jones, a board-certified, infectious-diseases-trained internist, has joined the University of Mississippi Medical Center as an associate professor in the Department of Medicine. She also has a dual appointment to the School of Nursing Advanced Practice Program. Jones specializes in the treatment of patients with complicated wounds, soft-tissue infections, including osteomyelitis and post-operative complications.
After receiving the B.S.N. from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1985, Jones earned the M.D. from UMMC in 1998. She completed residency training in internal medicine at UMMC in 2001 and served as a fellow in infectious diseases from 2001-2003. She first joined the UMMC faculty as an assistant professor of medicine and surgery in 2003 and began the Outpatient Antimicrobial Service in the Division of Infectious Diseases.
In 2005, Jones joined River Oaks Hospital in Flowood as the sole physician and full-time medical director of the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center. She founded the Wound Management Group in 2008. In 2010, the group relocated its practice to Mississippi Baptist Medical Center in Jackson.
An active member of the Wound Healing Society, the American Professional Wound Care Association, the American College of Physicians, American Society of Internal Medicine and the American Academy of Wound Care, Jones has authored or coauthored several articles for publications. She serves as a member of the editorial board for Today’s Wound Clinic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi