Phillips leading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
J. Mike Phillips has been selected as the new head of the Department of Plant and Soil Sciences at Mississippi State University. Phillips has been the chair of the Department of Agricultural Sciences at Morehead State University in Kentucky since 2007. Before his appointment at Morehead, Phillips served as professor of agronomy and director for the Southwest Research and Extension Center at the University of Arkansas.
Phillips earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in agronomy from the University of Arkansas. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in agriculture from the University of Arkansas at Monticello.
Phillips has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors and was elected vice chair of the Agri-Energy component of the Governor’s Task Force on the Future of Agriculture in Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders