Phillips leading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
J. Mike Phillips has been selected as the new head of the Department of Plant and Soil Sciences at Mississippi State University. Phillips has been the chair of the Department of Agricultural Sciences at Morehead State University in Kentucky since 2007. Before his appointment at Morehead, Phillips served as professor of agronomy and director for the Southwest Research and Extension Center at the University of Arkansas.
Phillips earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in agronomy from the University of Arkansas. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in agriculture from the University of Arkansas at Monticello.
Phillips has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors and was elected vice chair of the Agri-Energy component of the Governor’s Task Force on the Future of Agriculture in Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs