Phillips leading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
J. Mike Phillips has been selected as the new head of the Department of Plant and Soil Sciences at Mississippi State University. Phillips has been the chair of the Department of Agricultural Sciences at Morehead State University in Kentucky since 2007. Before his appointment at Morehead, Phillips served as professor of agronomy and director for the Southwest Research and Extension Center at the University of Arkansas.
Phillips earned his doctorate and master’s degrees in agronomy from the University of Arkansas. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in agriculture from the University of Arkansas at Monticello.
Phillips has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors and was elected vice chair of the Agri-Energy component of the Governor’s Task Force on the Future of Agriculture in Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson