Rice farmers in line for Bayer settlement
Published: July 24,2011
Mississippi rice farmers can start lining up for money from a recent $750-million, multi-state settlement with Bayer CropScience involving the accidental release of genetically modified rice in the U.S. food chain that negatively impacted sales to foreign markets.
But while the settlement is welcome relief, some rice producers are expressing regret that the case ever went to trial and the potential harm done to the relationship with such an important client as Bayer CropScience.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41