Rice farmers in line for Bayer settlement
Published: July 24,2011
Mississippi rice farmers can start lining up for money from a recent $750-million, multi-state settlement with Bayer CropScience involving the accidental release of genetically modified rice in the U.S. food chain that negatively impacted sales to foreign markets.
But while the settlement is welcome relief, some rice producers are expressing regret that the case ever went to trial and the potential harm done to the relationship with such an important client as Bayer CropScience.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge