Turner joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
James “Jim” M. Turner, D.O., FACOFP, FACOEP, recently joined the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine as associate dean for clinical sciences and as an associate professor of medicine. He obtained his bachelor’s degree from Georgia Southwestern College in Americus, Ga., before graduating from Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1988. Turner completed his residency in emergency medicine from Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Fla.
He was elected as Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians in 1998 and of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine in 2008.
Turner has worked as an osteopathic family physician and emergency physician in Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina and West Virginia.
He currently serves on the board of directors for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine. Turner is an inspector for the American Osteopathic Association for medical colleges and emergency medicine residencies, and serves on several committees.
He relocated to Hattiesburg from Charleston, W.Va., where he worked in postgraduate education and developed an emergency medicine residency program.
Turner is married to Sherry Turner, D.O., and has an adult daughter, Ashley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015