Turner joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
James “Jim” M. Turner, D.O., FACOFP, FACOEP, recently joined the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine as associate dean for clinical sciences and as an associate professor of medicine. He obtained his bachelor’s degree from Georgia Southwestern College in Americus, Ga., before graduating from Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1988. Turner completed his residency in emergency medicine from Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Fla.
He was elected as Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians in 1998 and of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine in 2008.
Turner has worked as an osteopathic family physician and emergency physician in Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina and West Virginia.
He currently serves on the board of directors for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine. Turner is an inspector for the American Osteopathic Association for medical colleges and emergency medicine residencies, and serves on several committees.
He relocated to Hattiesburg from Charleston, W.Va., where he worked in postgraduate education and developed an emergency medicine residency program.
Turner is married to Sherry Turner, D.O., and has an adult daughter, Ashley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'