Turner joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 24,2011
James “Jim” M. Turner, D.O., FACOFP, FACOEP, recently joined the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine as associate dean for clinical sciences and as an associate professor of medicine. He obtained his bachelor’s degree from Georgia Southwestern College in Americus, Ga., before graduating from Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1988. Turner completed his residency in emergency medicine from Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Fla.
He was elected as Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians in 1998 and of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine in 2008.
Turner has worked as an osteopathic family physician and emergency physician in Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina and West Virginia.
He currently serves on the board of directors for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine. Turner is an inspector for the American Osteopathic Association for medical colleges and emergency medicine residencies, and serves on several committees.
He relocated to Hattiesburg from Charleston, W.Va., where he worked in postgraduate education and developed an emergency medicine residency program.
Turner is married to Sherry Turner, D.O., and has an adult daughter, Ashley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects