PRCC planning expansion of Hattiesburg campus
Published: July 25,2011
HATTIESBURG — Pearl River Community College is planning an expansion at its center in Forrest County to eventually serve 5,000 students.
PRCC president William Lewis told county officials that the two-year school has a master plan for the Hattiesburg campus.
The Hattiesburg American reports Lewis asked the county board of supervisors for an additional 15-year commitment of $200,000 annually to get the new buildings in place.
PRCC currently gets about $1.2 million yearly from Forrest County. In addition, the $4-million Career Education Center, to be bid in September, is being funded through a 50-50 split in county and state bond money.
Lewis says PRCC had a record enrollment of 2,035 students at the center in 2010. That number is up from just 631 students in 2000.
Source: Hattiesburg American
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones