PRCC planning expansion of Hattiesburg campus
Published: July 25,2011
HATTIESBURG — Pearl River Community College is planning an expansion at its center in Forrest County to eventually serve 5,000 students.
PRCC president William Lewis told county officials that the two-year school has a master plan for the Hattiesburg campus.
The Hattiesburg American reports Lewis asked the county board of supervisors for an additional 15-year commitment of $200,000 annually to get the new buildings in place.
PRCC currently gets about $1.2 million yearly from Forrest County. In addition, the $4-million Career Education Center, to be bid in September, is being funded through a 50-50 split in county and state bond money.
Lewis says PRCC had a record enrollment of 2,035 students at the center in 2010. That number is up from just 631 students in 2000.
Source: Hattiesburg American
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Haley Barbour to appear on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher