State’s unemployment rate held steady in June
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate remained unchanged from May to June at 10.3 percent.
That’s according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, which said Mississippi was one of 14 states that saw no change in the seasonally adjusted jobless rate.
In June 2010, the state’s unemployment rate also was 10.3 percent.
Last month, the number of people listed as unemployed rose from 139,000 to 139,700. At the same time, the civilian labor force — including the employed and those actively seeking work.
In June, only eight states recorded jobless rate declines from May. Increases hit 28 states and the District of Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office