State’s unemployment rate held steady in June
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate remained unchanged from May to June at 10.3 percent.
That’s according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, which said Mississippi was one of 14 states that saw no change in the seasonally adjusted jobless rate.
In June 2010, the state’s unemployment rate also was 10.3 percent.
Last month, the number of people listed as unemployed rose from 139,000 to 139,700. At the same time, the civilian labor force — including the employed and those actively seeking work.
In June, only eight states recorded jobless rate declines from May. Increases hit 28 states and the District of Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- ‘No’ means being able to commit to ‘Yes’