State’s unemployment rate held steady in June
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate remained unchanged from May to June at 10.3 percent.
That’s according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, which said Mississippi was one of 14 states that saw no change in the seasonally adjusted jobless rate.
In June 2010, the state’s unemployment rate also was 10.3 percent.
Last month, the number of people listed as unemployed rose from 139,000 to 139,700. At the same time, the civilian labor force — including the employed and those actively seeking work.
In June, only eight states recorded jobless rate declines from May. Increases hit 28 states and the District of Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block