Demolition of old Willam Carey campus continues
by Associated Press
Published: July 26,2011
GULFPORT — Salvage Nine, a demolition and salvage company from Long Beach, began tearing down the main administration and classroom building yesterday on the abandoned William Carey College campus in Gulfport.
The building, built in 1921 as part of the Gulf Coast Military Academy, was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
It is the last structure on the former campus to be demolished.
The Sun Herald reports the demolition will take about a week, and the bricks, concrete blocks and windows from the building are being salvaged for resale.
The school, which is now William Carey University, moved to north Harrison County in 2009.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain