Ex-chamber director arrested, accused of stealing
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2011
CARTHAGE — Following a joint investigation by District Attorney Mark Duncan’s office, the Leake County Sheriff’s Office, Carthage Police Department and the State Auditor’s Office, Renodda Dorman has been arrested for allegedly embezzling $60,916 from the Leake County Chamber of Commerce following a seven-month investigation.
Since 2001, Dorman was employed as the executive director of the Chamber, and the embezzlement took place between 2008 and 2010.
Dorman is no longer employed with the Leake County Chamber of Commerce.
“Renodda Dorman is charged with two counts of uttering forgery and embezzlement following an investigation that showed she wrote unauthorized checks to herself for additional salary she was not authorized to receive along with checks written to cover personal bills such as cable television and cell phone payments,” said State Auditor Stacey Pickering. “This case originated with the Leake County Sheriff’s Office and my office received a request from District Attorney Mark Duncan and Sheriff Greg Waggoner to assist with the case.
Dorman, 62 of Carthage, was booked into the Leake County Sheriff’s Office yesterday and has been released on bond.
Source: State Auditor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip