Construction of new outlet mall to begin next summer
Published: July 27,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Southaven residents and visitors soon will have another shopping option when an outlet mall with 50-plus brand name and designer stores opens its doors.
Slated for 2013, the 330,000-square-foot facility will be the same size as the Shops of Grand River, which opened last year in Leeds, Ala.
The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis-based Poag Lifestyle Centers and the Simkin Group announced plans yesterday to build the outlet center at Interstate 55 and Church Road.
Construction on The Outlet Shops of the Mid-South is scheduled to start next summer with the mall opening in fall 2013.
Bob Rogers, the chief operating officer of Poag Lifestyle Centers, says the outlet center is expected to provide millions to the local and state economy.
Source: Commercial Appeal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren