Construction of new outlet mall to begin next summer
Published: July 27,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Southaven residents and visitors soon will have another shopping option when an outlet mall with 50-plus brand name and designer stores opens its doors.
Slated for 2013, the 330,000-square-foot facility will be the same size as the Shops of Grand River, which opened last year in Leeds, Ala.
The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis-based Poag Lifestyle Centers and the Simkin Group announced plans yesterday to build the outlet center at Interstate 55 and Church Road.
Construction on The Outlet Shops of the Mid-South is scheduled to start next summer with the mall opening in fall 2013.
Bob Rogers, the chief operating officer of Poag Lifestyle Centers, says the outlet center is expected to provide millions to the local and state economy.
Source: Commercial Appeal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years