Construction of new outlet mall to begin next summer
by Associated Press
Published: July 27,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Southaven residents and visitors soon will have another shopping option when an outlet mall with 50-plus brand name and designer stores opens its doors.
Slated for 2013, the 330,000-square-foot facility will be the same size as the Shops of Grand River, which opened last year in Leeds, Ala.
The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis-based Poag Lifestyle Centers and the Simkin Group announced plans yesterday to build the outlet center at Interstate 55 and Church Road.
Construction on The Outlet Shops of the Mid-South is scheduled to start next summer with the mall opening in fall 2013.
Bob Rogers, the chief operating officer of Poag Lifestyle Centers, says the outlet center is expected to provide millions to the local and state economy.
Source: Commercial Appeal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line