Construction of new outlet mall to begin next summer
Published: July 27,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Southaven residents and visitors soon will have another shopping option when an outlet mall with 50-plus brand name and designer stores opens its doors.
Slated for 2013, the 330,000-square-foot facility will be the same size as the Shops of Grand River, which opened last year in Leeds, Ala.
The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis-based Poag Lifestyle Centers and the Simkin Group announced plans yesterday to build the outlet center at Interstate 55 and Church Road.
Construction on The Outlet Shops of the Mid-South is scheduled to start next summer with the mall opening in fall 2013.
Bob Rogers, the chief operating officer of Poag Lifestyle Centers, says the outlet center is expected to provide millions to the local and state economy.
Source: Commercial Appeal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau