Southern Bancorp opens first ‘green’ branch
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2011
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp will officially open the doors to its 46th bank branch tomorrow in Hernando. The grand opening ceremony will be held on site at the new branch on 970 Byhalia Road.
The Hernando Branch will become the first green bank branch in the state of Mississippi and is expected to receive full LEED certification later this year, according to the bank.
Alan Sims, DeSoto County president for Southern Bancorp. “We were charged with building a building that our customers will truly enjoy and we believe we have accomplished this.”
The day’s celebrations will include drawings for prizes, a free hot dog and hamburger lunch, the ribbon- cutting ceremony and the hosting of the Chamber of Commerce business after hours event.
Source: Southern Bancorp
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations