Southern Bancorp opens first ‘green’ branch
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2011
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp will officially open the doors to its 46th bank branch tomorrow in Hernando. The grand opening ceremony will be held on site at the new branch on 970 Byhalia Road.
The Hernando Branch will become the first green bank branch in the state of Mississippi and is expected to receive full LEED certification later this year, according to the bank.
Alan Sims, DeSoto County president for Southern Bancorp. “We were charged with building a building that our customers will truly enjoy and we believe we have accomplished this.”
The day’s celebrations will include drawings for prizes, a free hot dog and hamburger lunch, the ribbon- cutting ceremony and the hosting of the Chamber of Commerce business after hours event.
Source: Southern Bancorp
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal