Southern Bancorp opens first ‘green’ branch
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2011
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp will officially open the doors to its 46th bank branch tomorrow in Hernando. The grand opening ceremony will be held on site at the new branch on 970 Byhalia Road.
The Hernando Branch will become the first green bank branch in the state of Mississippi and is expected to receive full LEED certification later this year, according to the bank.
Alan Sims, DeSoto County president for Southern Bancorp. “We were charged with building a building that our customers will truly enjoy and we believe we have accomplished this.”
The day’s celebrations will include drawings for prizes, a free hot dog and hamburger lunch, the ribbon- cutting ceremony and the hosting of the Chamber of Commerce business after hours event.
Source: Southern Bancorp
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit