Southern Bancorp opens first ‘green’ branch
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2011
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp will officially open the doors to its 46th bank branch tomorrow in Hernando. The grand opening ceremony will be held on site at the new branch on 970 Byhalia Road.
The Hernando Branch will become the first green bank branch in the state of Mississippi and is expected to receive full LEED certification later this year, according to the bank.
Alan Sims, DeSoto County president for Southern Bancorp. “We were charged with building a building that our customers will truly enjoy and we believe we have accomplished this.”
The day’s celebrations will include drawings for prizes, a free hot dog and hamburger lunch, the ribbon- cutting ceremony and the hosting of the Chamber of Commerce business after hours event.
Source: Southern Bancorp
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters