Southern Bancorp opens first ‘green’ branch
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 27,2011
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp will officially open the doors to its 46th bank branch tomorrow in Hernando. The grand opening ceremony will be held on site at the new branch on 970 Byhalia Road.
The Hernando Branch will become the first green bank branch in the state of Mississippi and is expected to receive full LEED certification later this year, according to the bank.
Alan Sims, DeSoto County president for Southern Bancorp. “We were charged with building a building that our customers will truly enjoy and we believe we have accomplished this.”
The day’s celebrations will include drawings for prizes, a free hot dog and hamburger lunch, the ribbon- cutting ceremony and the hosting of the Chamber of Commerce business after hours event.
Source: Southern Bancorp
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete