Foreclosures up in metro Jackson, down on Coast
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and GULF COAST — The Jackson metropolitan area saw a higher year-over-year rate in the number of foreclosure actions taken against homeowners during the first six months of 2010.
In the meantime, Gulfport-Biloxi recorded a sharp drop.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said that Jackson had foreclosure-related filings against 608 properties from January through June. That hit one in every 370 housing units, ranking Jackson 184th among 211 metropolitan areas surveyed by RealtyTrac.
A year ago, Jackson ranked 191st.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, filings hit 298 properties during the first six months of 2011. That affected one in every 368 properties.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranked 183rd on the RealtyTrac list. A year ago, the area was ranked 158th.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House