Foreclosures up in metro Jackson, down on Coast
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and GULF COAST — The Jackson metropolitan area saw a higher year-over-year rate in the number of foreclosure actions taken against homeowners during the first six months of 2010.
In the meantime, Gulfport-Biloxi recorded a sharp drop.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said that Jackson had foreclosure-related filings against 608 properties from January through June. That hit one in every 370 housing units, ranking Jackson 184th among 211 metropolitan areas surveyed by RealtyTrac.
A year ago, Jackson ranked 191st.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, filings hit 298 properties during the first six months of 2011. That affected one in every 368 properties.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranked 183rd on the RealtyTrac list. A year ago, the area was ranked 158th.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran