Foreclosures up in metro Jackson, down on Coast
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and GULF COAST — The Jackson metropolitan area saw a higher year-over-year rate in the number of foreclosure actions taken against homeowners during the first six months of 2010.
In the meantime, Gulfport-Biloxi recorded a sharp drop.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said that Jackson had foreclosure-related filings against 608 properties from January through June. That hit one in every 370 housing units, ranking Jackson 184th among 211 metropolitan areas surveyed by RealtyTrac.
A year ago, Jackson ranked 191st.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, filings hit 298 properties during the first six months of 2011. That affected one in every 368 properties.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranked 183rd on the RealtyTrac list. A year ago, the area was ranked 158th.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey