Foreclosures up in metro Jackson, down on Coast
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and GULF COAST — The Jackson metropolitan area saw a higher year-over-year rate in the number of foreclosure actions taken against homeowners during the first six months of 2010.
In the meantime, Gulfport-Biloxi recorded a sharp drop.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said that Jackson had foreclosure-related filings against 608 properties from January through June. That hit one in every 370 housing units, ranking Jackson 184th among 211 metropolitan areas surveyed by RealtyTrac.
A year ago, Jackson ranked 191st.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, filings hit 298 properties during the first six months of 2011. That affected one in every 368 properties.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranked 183rd on the RealtyTrac list. A year ago, the area was ranked 158th.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal