Foreclosures up in metro Jackson, down on Coast
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and GULF COAST — The Jackson metropolitan area saw a higher year-over-year rate in the number of foreclosure actions taken against homeowners during the first six months of 2010.
In the meantime, Gulfport-Biloxi recorded a sharp drop.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said that Jackson had foreclosure-related filings against 608 properties from January through June. That hit one in every 370 housing units, ranking Jackson 184th among 211 metropolitan areas surveyed by RealtyTrac.
A year ago, Jackson ranked 191st.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, filings hit 298 properties during the first six months of 2011. That affected one in every 368 properties.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranked 183rd on the RealtyTrac list. A year ago, the area was ranked 158th.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion