SmartSynch, Cellular South introduce new service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and RIDGELAND — SmartSynch Inc. of Jackson and Ridgeland-based Cellular South have introduced a residential code division multiple access (CDMA) smart grid solution to the utility market.
Utilities seeking CDMA communications support to automate their electricity grid may now access Cellular South’s leading CDMA wireless network services by leveraging SmartSynch’s IP-enabled smart grid solutions.
By combining CellularSouth’s wireless data network, currently accommodating more than 10.9 billion text messages and M2M transactions annually, with SmartSynch’s smart grid solutions already deployed by more than 150 utility customers, Cellular South and SmartSynch can relieve utilities from the expense and burden of network management.
“Cellular South is an industry leader in their support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, SmartSynch’s CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry