SmartSynch, Cellular South introduce new service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and RIDGELAND — SmartSynch Inc. of Jackson and Ridgeland-based Cellular South have introduced a residential code division multiple access (CDMA) smart grid solution to the utility market.
Utilities seeking CDMA communications support to automate their electricity grid may now access Cellular South’s leading CDMA wireless network services by leveraging SmartSynch’s IP-enabled smart grid solutions.
By combining CellularSouth’s wireless data network, currently accommodating more than 10.9 billion text messages and M2M transactions annually, with SmartSynch’s smart grid solutions already deployed by more than 150 utility customers, Cellular South and SmartSynch can relieve utilities from the expense and burden of network management.
“Cellular South is an industry leader in their support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, SmartSynch’s CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits