SmartSynch, Cellular South introduce new service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and RIDGELAND — SmartSynch Inc. of Jackson and Ridgeland-based Cellular South have introduced a residential code division multiple access (CDMA) smart grid solution to the utility market.
Utilities seeking CDMA communications support to automate their electricity grid may now access Cellular South’s leading CDMA wireless network services by leveraging SmartSynch’s IP-enabled smart grid solutions.
By combining CellularSouth’s wireless data network, currently accommodating more than 10.9 billion text messages and M2M transactions annually, with SmartSynch’s smart grid solutions already deployed by more than 150 utility customers, Cellular South and SmartSynch can relieve utilities from the expense and burden of network management.
“Cellular South is an industry leader in their support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, SmartSynch’s CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability