SmartSynch, Cellular South introduce new service
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 28,2011
JACKSON and RIDGELAND — SmartSynch Inc. of Jackson and Ridgeland-based Cellular South have introduced a residential code division multiple access (CDMA) smart grid solution to the utility market.
Utilities seeking CDMA communications support to automate their electricity grid may now access Cellular South’s leading CDMA wireless network services by leveraging SmartSynch’s IP-enabled smart grid solutions.
By combining CellularSouth’s wireless data network, currently accommodating more than 10.9 billion text messages and M2M transactions annually, with SmartSynch’s smart grid solutions already deployed by more than 150 utility customers, Cellular South and SmartSynch can relieve utilities from the expense and burden of network management.
“Cellular South is an industry leader in their support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, SmartSynch’s CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!