SWM/Blauer to repair, expand damaged plant
Published: July 28,2011
OXFORD — SWM/Blauer Manufacturing Co., which suffered serious damage from last April’s storms, will rebuild and expand in Oxford.
The winds tore off SWM’s roof and toppled walls at its Oxford uniform plant. SWM has leased space in Charleston to continue its operations while the plant here is being repaired from the storm damage.
Blauer president Michael Blauer tells the Oxford Eagle that besides the expansion, the company will add more jobs although a specific number was not available.
Blauer says demolition of the damaged facility has begun.
SWM, which is owned by Blauer, opened in Oxford 14 years ago. It specializes in making uniforms for police, firefighters and medical professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal