SWM/Blauer to repair, expand damaged plant
Published: July 28,2011
OXFORD — SWM/Blauer Manufacturing Co., which suffered serious damage from last April’s storms, will rebuild and expand in Oxford.
The winds tore off SWM’s roof and toppled walls at its Oxford uniform plant. SWM has leased space in Charleston to continue its operations while the plant here is being repaired from the storm damage.
Blauer president Michael Blauer tells the Oxford Eagle that besides the expansion, the company will add more jobs although a specific number was not available.
Blauer says demolition of the damaged facility has begun.
SWM, which is owned by Blauer, opened in Oxford 14 years ago. It specializes in making uniforms for police, firefighters and medical professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money