SWM/Blauer to repair, expand damaged plant
Published: July 28,2011
OXFORD — SWM/Blauer Manufacturing Co., which suffered serious damage from last April’s storms, will rebuild and expand in Oxford.
The winds tore off SWM’s roof and toppled walls at its Oxford uniform plant. SWM has leased space in Charleston to continue its operations while the plant here is being repaired from the storm damage.
Blauer president Michael Blauer tells the Oxford Eagle that besides the expansion, the company will add more jobs although a specific number was not available.
Blauer says demolition of the damaged facility has begun.
SWM, which is owned by Blauer, opened in Oxford 14 years ago. It specializes in making uniforms for police, firefighters and medical professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts