SWM/Blauer to repair, expand damaged plant
Published: July 28,2011
OXFORD — SWM/Blauer Manufacturing Co., which suffered serious damage from last April’s storms, will rebuild and expand in Oxford.
The winds tore off SWM’s roof and toppled walls at its Oxford uniform plant. SWM has leased space in Charleston to continue its operations while the plant here is being repaired from the storm damage.
Blauer president Michael Blauer tells the Oxford Eagle that besides the expansion, the company will add more jobs although a specific number was not available.
Blauer says demolition of the damaged facility has begun.
SWM, which is owned by Blauer, opened in Oxford 14 years ago. It specializes in making uniforms for police, firefighters and medical professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public