SWM/Blauer to repair, expand damaged plant
Published: July 28,2011
OXFORD — SWM/Blauer Manufacturing Co., which suffered serious damage from last April’s storms, will rebuild and expand in Oxford.
The winds tore off SWM’s roof and toppled walls at its Oxford uniform plant. SWM has leased space in Charleston to continue its operations while the plant here is being repaired from the storm damage.
Blauer president Michael Blauer tells the Oxford Eagle that besides the expansion, the company will add more jobs although a specific number was not available.
Blauer says demolition of the damaged facility has begun.
SWM, which is owned by Blauer, opened in Oxford 14 years ago. It specializes in making uniforms for police, firefighters and medical professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi