Collins lands promotion
Gold Strike Casino Resort has promoted Craytonia C. Collins to director of hotel operations. Collins has an extensive background in hotel management. He began his career in the hospitality industry in 1994 with InterContinental Hotels and Resorts located in New Orleans. In 1997 he joined the Willard InterContinental located in Washington, D.C., where he held several positions including assistant front office manager, reservations/ revenue manager and diplomatic services manager. In this position, Collins served as the liaison for visiting heads of state, prime ministers and royalty visiting the White House and/or Congress. Continuing his career with InterContinental Hotel and Resorts in Houston, Texas, he was later promoted to director of front office. In 2007 Collins joined Starwood Hotel and Resorts as director of front office operations for the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. In April 2010 he made the move from Texas to North Mississippi to join MGM Resorts International as Gold Strike Tunica’s hotel manager.
Collins is originally from Monroe, La. He graduated magna cum laude from Northeast Louisiana University with a bachelor of science degree in pre-medicine with a minor in chemistry. He is a member of the Employee of the Month Selection Committee and a Management Development Program instructor. Career highlights include numerous accolades from InterContinental Hotel and Resorts and the Westin Riverwalk.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports