MOS elects officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2011
E. Jeff Kennedy, MD, of Capital Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in Flowood was recently elected president of the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society at the annual meeting of the state society in Biloxi. Kennedy received his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi and his doctor of medicine from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery internship and his orthopaedic surgery resident program at the Greenville Hospital System in Greenville, S.C. He completed a Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin and a Total Joint and Reconstructive Fellowship at the University of Utah.
Kennedy is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and the American College of Surgeons.
Other recently elected board members are vice president, James O’Mara, MD, of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson; treasurer, Robert Mehrle, MD, of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; AAOS councilor, George Russell, MD, of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; member at large, Donnis Harrison, MD, of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in Pascagoula; and, member at large, Rhett Hobgood, MD, of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics