MOS elects officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2011
E. Jeff Kennedy, MD, of Capital Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in Flowood was recently elected president of the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society at the annual meeting of the state society in Biloxi. Kennedy received his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi and his doctor of medicine from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery internship and his orthopaedic surgery resident program at the Greenville Hospital System in Greenville, S.C. He completed a Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin and a Total Joint and Reconstructive Fellowship at the University of Utah.
Kennedy is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and the American College of Surgeons.
Other recently elected board members are vice president, James O’Mara, MD, of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson; treasurer, Robert Mehrle, MD, of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; AAOS councilor, George Russell, MD, of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; member at large, Donnis Harrison, MD, of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in Pascagoula; and, member at large, Rhett Hobgood, MD, of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama