MOS elects officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2011
E. Jeff Kennedy, MD, of Capital Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in Flowood was recently elected president of the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society at the annual meeting of the state society in Biloxi. Kennedy received his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi and his doctor of medicine from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery internship and his orthopaedic surgery resident program at the Greenville Hospital System in Greenville, S.C. He completed a Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin and a Total Joint and Reconstructive Fellowship at the University of Utah.
Kennedy is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and the American College of Surgeons.
Other recently elected board members are vice president, James O’Mara, MD, of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson; treasurer, Robert Mehrle, MD, of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; AAOS councilor, George Russell, MD, of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; member at large, Donnis Harrison, MD, of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in Pascagoula; and, member at large, Rhett Hobgood, MD, of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'