Advisory committee named to find new MUW president
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2011
COLUMBUS — Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank M. Bounds has unveiled the Campus Search Advisory Committee to aid in the search for the next president of Mississippi University for Women.
The members of the Mississippi University for Women Campus Search Advisory Committee include: Renee Flynt, Emily Myers Garner, Ruth Jones, Brandon Newsome, Andrea Overby representing the Alumni/Foundation; faculty and staff Nora Miller, Dr. Sue Jolly-Smith, Dr. Mark Bean, Dr. Gloria Bunnell, Dr. Dionne Fortenberry, Dr. Kimberly Taylor-Gathings, Cathy Young, Jessica Harpole and Phillip Cockrell; students Jenna McMurphy and Carlos Williams; and, community members Kathy Dyess, Bobby Harper, Joe Higgins and Alma Turner.
Members of the Campus Search Advisory Committees will participate in the campus listening sessions, which will include discussions on the qualities and qualifications stakeholders believe the next institutional executive officers should possess.
The Campus Listening Sessions will be held in the Cochran Hall Ballroom on the Mississippi University for Women campus in Columbus Aug. 25. The sessions begin at 7:30 a.m. and conclude at 3:45 p.m. While all sessions are open to the public, each session focuses on the needs of a specific constituency group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center