Advisory committee named to find new MUW president
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2011
COLUMBUS — Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank M. Bounds has unveiled the Campus Search Advisory Committee to aid in the search for the next president of Mississippi University for Women.
The members of the Mississippi University for Women Campus Search Advisory Committee include: Renee Flynt, Emily Myers Garner, Ruth Jones, Brandon Newsome, Andrea Overby representing the Alumni/Foundation; faculty and staff Nora Miller, Dr. Sue Jolly-Smith, Dr. Mark Bean, Dr. Gloria Bunnell, Dr. Dionne Fortenberry, Dr. Kimberly Taylor-Gathings, Cathy Young, Jessica Harpole and Phillip Cockrell; students Jenna McMurphy and Carlos Williams; and, community members Kathy Dyess, Bobby Harper, Joe Higgins and Alma Turner.
Members of the Campus Search Advisory Committees will participate in the campus listening sessions, which will include discussions on the qualities and qualifications stakeholders believe the next institutional executive officers should possess.
The Campus Listening Sessions will be held in the Cochran Hall Ballroom on the Mississippi University for Women campus in Columbus Aug. 25. The sessions begin at 7:30 a.m. and conclude at 3:45 p.m. While all sessions are open to the public, each session focuses on the needs of a specific constituency group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)