Advisory committee named to find new MUW president
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2011
COLUMBUS — Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank M. Bounds has unveiled the Campus Search Advisory Committee to aid in the search for the next president of Mississippi University for Women.
The members of the Mississippi University for Women Campus Search Advisory Committee include: Renee Flynt, Emily Myers Garner, Ruth Jones, Brandon Newsome, Andrea Overby representing the Alumni/Foundation; faculty and staff Nora Miller, Dr. Sue Jolly-Smith, Dr. Mark Bean, Dr. Gloria Bunnell, Dr. Dionne Fortenberry, Dr. Kimberly Taylor-Gathings, Cathy Young, Jessica Harpole and Phillip Cockrell; students Jenna McMurphy and Carlos Williams; and, community members Kathy Dyess, Bobby Harper, Joe Higgins and Alma Turner.
Members of the Campus Search Advisory Committees will participate in the campus listening sessions, which will include discussions on the qualities and qualifications stakeholders believe the next institutional executive officers should possess.
The Campus Listening Sessions will be held in the Cochran Hall Ballroom on the Mississippi University for Women campus in Columbus Aug. 25. The sessions begin at 7:30 a.m. and conclude at 3:45 p.m. While all sessions are open to the public, each session focuses on the needs of a specific constituency group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast