First Craft Beer Week offers thanks, promotes culture
Published: August 1,2011
It wasn’t quite a victory lap, but there was plenty of celebrating last week for the first Mississippi Craft Beer Week.
Gov. Haley Barbour made Craft Beer Week with a proclamation, and Raise Your Pints took it from there, using the time to hold 23 events across the state to promote the state’s fledgling craft beer culture.
Raise Your Pints is a nonprofit, grassroots organization that has unsuccessfully tried the past few legislative sessions to raise the alcohol-by-volume cap on beer made and sold in Mississippi, and to legalize homebrewing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval