First Craft Beer Week offers thanks, promotes culture
Published: August 1,2011
It wasn’t quite a victory lap, but there was plenty of celebrating last week for the first Mississippi Craft Beer Week.
Gov. Haley Barbour made Craft Beer Week with a proclamation, and Raise Your Pints took it from there, using the time to hold 23 events across the state to promote the state’s fledgling craft beer culture.
Raise Your Pints is a nonprofit, grassroots organization that has unsuccessfully tried the past few legislative sessions to raise the alcohol-by-volume cap on beer made and sold in Mississippi, and to legalize homebrewing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways