MSDH reports state’s seventh West Nile virus case
by Associated Press
Published: August 3,2011
JONES COUNTY and PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Health has identified two new cases of mosquito-borne West Nile virus, bringing the total so far in 2011 to seven cases.
Officials said the new cases were reported in Jones and Pearl River counties.
For the year, West Nile cases have been confirmed in Coahoma, Hinds, Jones, Marion, Pearl River and Tallahatchie counties.
In 2010, eight West Nile cases were reported in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county