Verizon completes integration of Centennial assets
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Verizon Wireless has completed the Centennial Communications Corp. integration across Louisiana and Mississippi, bringing additional Verizon Wireless stores and coverage to Mississippi.
The Centennial markets in Mississippi that are now a part of Verizon Wireless are Jackson, Brookhaven, McComb and Natchez.
Verizon Wireless completed its purchase of Centennial in August 2010 and has spent the past year integrating networks, converting billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service and opening stores in Mississippi.
Verizon Wireless purchased certain operating assets of Centennial from AT&T for $235 million, which included 117,000 current customers throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level