Verizon completes integration of Centennial assets
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Verizon Wireless has completed the Centennial Communications Corp. integration across Louisiana and Mississippi, bringing additional Verizon Wireless stores and coverage to Mississippi.
The Centennial markets in Mississippi that are now a part of Verizon Wireless are Jackson, Brookhaven, McComb and Natchez.
Verizon Wireless completed its purchase of Centennial in August 2010 and has spent the past year integrating networks, converting billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service and opening stores in Mississippi.
Verizon Wireless purchased certain operating assets of Centennial from AT&T for $235 million, which included 117,000 current customers throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals