Verizon completes integration of Centennial assets
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Verizon Wireless has completed the Centennial Communications Corp. integration across Louisiana and Mississippi, bringing additional Verizon Wireless stores and coverage to Mississippi.
The Centennial markets in Mississippi that are now a part of Verizon Wireless are Jackson, Brookhaven, McComb and Natchez.
Verizon Wireless completed its purchase of Centennial in August 2010 and has spent the past year integrating networks, converting billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service and opening stores in Mississippi.
Verizon Wireless purchased certain operating assets of Centennial from AT&T for $235 million, which included 117,000 current customers throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location