Verizon completes integration of Centennial assets
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Verizon Wireless has completed the Centennial Communications Corp. integration across Louisiana and Mississippi, bringing additional Verizon Wireless stores and coverage to Mississippi.
The Centennial markets in Mississippi that are now a part of Verizon Wireless are Jackson, Brookhaven, McComb and Natchez.
Verizon Wireless completed its purchase of Centennial in August 2010 and has spent the past year integrating networks, converting billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service and opening stores in Mississippi.
Verizon Wireless purchased certain operating assets of Centennial from AT&T for $235 million, which included 117,000 current customers throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey