Verizon completes integration of Centennial assets
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Verizon Wireless has completed the Centennial Communications Corp. integration across Louisiana and Mississippi, bringing additional Verizon Wireless stores and coverage to Mississippi.
The Centennial markets in Mississippi that are now a part of Verizon Wireless are Jackson, Brookhaven, McComb and Natchez.
Verizon Wireless completed its purchase of Centennial in August 2010 and has spent the past year integrating networks, converting billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service and opening stores in Mississippi.
Verizon Wireless purchased certain operating assets of Centennial from AT&T for $235 million, which included 117,000 current customers throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium